Friday, July 07, 2006

Technology has revolutionized the way we exist. The older generation say "slow down", while the x, y, z (whichever letter we're at) generation have the keys to our future.

As I go through life I sense those generations before me have a slightly jaded view of today's youth. While I agree that respecting your elders and common courteous has waned throughout the years, the intelligence and ambition has increased double-fold.

While I understand how terrible our public school system is and how a lack of a genuine parent or guardian can negatively impact a child's life, I still would not underestimate today's youth. They are resilient and strong. The passion and hunger for something better and new has evolved from the technical revolution of the 21st century.

The next time your child, relative or friend is listening to their I-Pod or surfing the internet, don't look at it as a deterioration of today's youth or a complete waste of time and energy, rather see the future of tomorrow through the eyes of those who are already enjoying it. Enjoy technology.

No comments: